Friday, February 04, 2005

A New Beginning

Losing my entire archive of SMSes that I have digilently kept for 4 years is absolutely heartbreaking. These SMSes survived 3 handphone changes of which one fell unceremoniously into the loo bowl (yup, another story altogether). They were spontaneous love poems from my ex, words of encouragement from my friends to help me get through a bad day, poignant reminders from closer friends that life isn't perfect and it's not all about me, happy thoughts which I'd use to in turn console friends when they felt lousy and a couple of decently flirtatious ones to remind me that I am attractive to some as well, heh. Oh well, all gone, in a flash, at moment's folly. No one to blame but myself.

But really, there is always renewal...and my dear friend, let's call her "S", sent me this message when she found out about my loss:

"...sms-es can be deleted, but memories can't be erased. It's space cleared for the new ones you will receive from new friends made. I can't make up for some mushy sms, but let this be the first in your archive to tell you what a great friend you've been! And that you have plenty of friends like me to flood you with more. :) Love you! Big Hug! Smile now."

Aww...and suddenly there is an awakening. Like they always say, "a new year, a new beginning." and this cannot be more apt than now. Besides, ex has found someone special and moved on. Guess, it is time for me to move on, from my loss, too.

This year is beginning to look good already with things happening and changes I have observed:

1. Clean and spacious SMS inbox and archive for more SMSes to come.
2. My ex has moved on and I am happy for him.
3. Read 2 books already and on to my 3rd (this is an achievement coz I disgustingly finished only 1, yup ONE, book last year).
4. Found my lost blogspot and have revived it.
5. More support and recognition than ever before from the boss for my teammates and I.
6. Been offered an opportunity to pioneer in the quick-expansion of a start-up.
7. 2 friends happily married and 3 more coming up this year; of which one will be held in Bali...ooohooo!
8. A friend's yearn of having a junior no longer needs to just yearn. :)
9. A friend who's rejoined the crazy (advertising) industry after a refreshing break has regained positive mentality and is determined to keep it this way.
10. A friend ended his relationship of 7 years. It's never a good thing to break. up. but I get a sense of relief from him and I feel the same for him, too.
11. A friend who's been tormented by ridiculously long working hours and cracks were showing on her face, now looks as if she's just been through "extreme makeover".
12. Made a couple more friends; and not about to stop.

It's only the 1st week of February and 12 big, good things have happened this year. This averages out to 2.4 good things a week! Whoah...what a start and I simply can't wait for the next good thing to happen.

Time to celebrate. What A New Beginning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home