Monday, March 07, 2005

Our Own Struggles

In this competitive world where paperchase is rampant, my friend is studying for her MBA in US. It is driving her crazy. She's highly stressed and feels very much pressurised by the demands. Talking to me is one, but many, of her attempts at alleviating her frustrations off her chest. But as it's always easier said than done, I cannot begin to imagine the real dread she is experiencing. Being away miles from her home in Shanghai and leaving her parents behind surely add to the distress.

She read my blog the other day and told me that she is jealous of my life, my good life. She forewarns me of my future decision, if it ever happens, to study for an MBA espeically in the US. And then she said to me, with conviction, that it is a struggle not worth, at all.

My reply? It is a short term struggle to an MBA that'll lead to a brigher and easier future. Whereas I, with not an MBA whatsoever, will have a long term struggle for the rest of my life.

What's your choice?

Pssst...to my friend who knows who you are - hang in there mate, you can do it. There will be light and one day, it'll be my turn to be envious of your good life. *hugs*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my 2 cents' worth:
paperchase is indeed rampant in today's society and i do empathize with your friend's dilemma.. however, passion for the field of study does make life easier for one to survive overseas. mere desire for the paper certification adds to the frustrations and pain. i, for one, was going through the exact same process while pursuing my ms here in the us. perseverance can only go so far, esp when being alone in a faraway land. but the fruit of success never fails to make it all worthwhile.. perhaps she may even want to further her studies for a doctoral degree after tasting the fruit of success! hope your friend will hang on till the day arrives.. ;-)

3:10 am  
Blogger Cin said...

hi there...thank you so much for leaving your thoughts.

Yes indeed, I agree that there is a difference between passion and desire...yet the paradox remains as one cannot do without the other. More importantly, I much appreciate your encouragement and hope my friend will find strength and be encouraged by you, too.

Good luck in your pursuit! Doctorate next? Or should I address you as Dr or Professor? :)

12:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home