Friday, February 25, 2005

Tears of Joy

My best friend is going to be a Mrs soon! Finally. She may not share the same sentiment as I do with "finally" but having seen her go through the different stages of ups and downs and all things in over the 6 years (or is it 7 already?! Oh whatever, love should be timeless). I am elated for her and I suppose it is her perogative as to when "finally" applies. But heck, the proposal's happened, accepted and this is all it matters. Hear bells ringing already? *smile*

The Mr popped the question in a party of friends and family and whilst everyone was enjoying and engrossed in the antics of the lion dance (it was the last day of CNY). Then an odd-looking pink vanguard sheet scroll rolled out from the lion's mouth and there it was, the BIG question written in blue marker..."Dear honey, will you marry me? Love, XXXXX" And in the midst of falling confetti, dancing lion in unison with drum beat, the Mr went down on his knees in signature poise and pose and presented the glittering diamond ring. Awwww...then many nods of her head, out came a huuuuuge bouquet of 99 stalks of roses and a big big hug. *flash...flash...flash from cameras"...*ker cha...ker cha...ker cha from phone cams* It became an even bigger party with the celebrity couple! I was, still am, glad that I was a part of this special evening.

Anyway, in all of 15 years of our friendship, I have never seen my friend in this much tears - red, flooded eyes mixed with running mascara. Heh...sooo touching, sooo happy...I couldn't help but tear for my friend, too. Tears of joy they were.

Psst...following my earlier blog "A New Beginning". Yup, another BIG good thing has happened! Hurray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home